If you need a new roof on your home, now is the time to consider metal roofing instead of asphalt shingles.
5 Reasons to Consider Metal
- A metal roof lasts longer – The life expectancy of a metal roof is more than double that of an asphalt shingle roof. They can last more than fifty years – which means it may be the only roof you ever have to install.
- It withstands the elements –The protection a metal roof provides to your home will not be compromised, no matter the weather. Compared to asphalt, metal holds up much better to hail, wind, snow, debris, insects and mold/mildew. It is also noncombustible, so it is the most resistant roof to catching fire.
- It is more ecofriendly – You can actually lower your carbon footprint and your energy bill with a metal roof. That is because the material is more reflective, and so it keeps your home from getting too hot in a Georgia summer. Also, if you ever replace your roof, the materials used in asphalt roofing end up in a landfill, but metal roofs materials are recyclable.
- It saves money in the long run – While the cost of metal is higher upfront, the roof will last twice as long. Add in energy savings and potential insurance discounts and you will end up saving money over time.
- It requires less upkeep – Maintenance of a metal fastener roof is very low. Your main job will be to occasionally check the roof for debris, branches and leaves. To keep it clean, you can gently wash it a mild detergent.
Contact Roof Authority for Metal Roofing in metro Atlanta
Roof Authority is your local metal roofing expert. If you are interested in finding out if a metal roof is right for you, contact us for a free quote! Roof Authority offers a complete array of roofing solutions. We are experienced in all types of commercial and residential roof repairs in metro Atlanta. Contact us today for a professional roof inspection or quote for new roofing or repairs.